Biggest ICO Winners and Losers: By The Numbers
As a follow-up to last week’s Bitcoinist article on sh*tcoins and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs), Bitcoinist looks at crypto researcher Steven Zheng’s numbers, successful-to-unsuccessful ICO ratio, and more.
From Lowest to Highest Returns of Investment (ROI)
- Bolenum likely probably bound to fail after raising only $18,500 during August 2017. At the same time, the second most fruitful ICO raised even less than that. yet at -99.72%, Bolenum is currently the most sterile project evaluated by Zheng.
- MyBit strives hard to outstrip it. Also completed in August 2017, the MyBit ICO sold its tokens for a staggering $2, which now turned into 2 cents, or -98.89%.
- Lampix is yet another ICO scheduled for August 2017 — decidedly *not* the best month for doing business, not even crypto. No one knows what exactly happened to the $12 million they raised… but it could be worse. Like Bitclave.
- Bitclave raised $25.5 million dollars and is currently down by -97.65%. Or 2% of its original value.
- Leadcoin ventured to raise even more, $50 million. Its market cap is less than $1 million at the moment. It’s also left with only 2% of the ICO price.
- Aditus raised $7 million and is -97.22%
- Sether raised $30 million and is -97.19%
- Mercury Protocol raised $10 million and is -97.06%
- DomRaider raised $42 million and is -96.67%
- IUNGO raised $23 million and is -96.52%
We made a list 300 publicly traded ICO tokens and their returns.
Here it is:https://t.co/uKp1bqZqsT
— Steven Zheng (@Dogetoshi) September 12, 2018
Top 10 Highest Returns
- Ethereum, is no surprise. Which, if not Ethereum? Despite the slump, and even calculated with a “current price” of $185, Ethereum still brings returns higher than Spectrecoin and Stratis added together. No less than 59,500%. If you bought one dollar’s worth of Ethereum during its ICO. You would happily pocket $600 today. In otherwords, 3 ETH.
- Spectrecoin is probably one of the most surprising cases. It raised the smallest amount of capital ($15,000) while returning 244 times its ICO amount. Don’t panic if you never heard about it — it’s probably because it ranks around #500 on CoinMarketCap. It might be time to do a bit of research time, though.
- Stratis did even better than NEO. 1/7 of it’s a cent-worth tokens grew into more than a dollar at $1.363. Had one invested $1 during STRAT’s ICO, one would have $194 at the time of writing.
- NEO is probably one of the projects that do not surprise. A 2016 production called the “Chinese Ethereum,” is currently worth 116x more than the ICO price — 11,600% up.
- Ark — with less than $1 million raised at the end of 2016, Ark managed to climb up quite easily during the bull market that lasted pretty much all of 2017. Ark has seen ups and downs and, although seeing its lowest prices of the year at the moment, is still well above its competitors with a robust ROI of 6000% —or 60x.
- Lisk — was $0.076 during the ICO and $3.601 on September 11 — 4638.16% up
- Komodo — was $0.022 during the ICO and $1.030 on September 11 — 4581.82% up
- Storj-x — was $0.009 during the ICO and $0.357 on September 11 — 3866.67% up
- Aeternity Phase 1 was $0.042 during the ICO and $1.180 on September 11 —2709.52% up
- Augur was $0.602 during the ICO and $14.692 on September 11 — 2340.53% up
You can see the full list of 300 projects ranked by Steven Zheng in his original Google Spreadsheet.
What are your thoughts on the ICO success rate presented above? Let us know in the comments below!
Images courtesy of Shutterstock, Twitter.
You may be interested
Binance Opens an Over The Counter (OTC) Trading Desk – Ethereum World NewsEditor - January 23, 2019
[ad_1] Binance Opens an Over The Counter (OTC) Trading Desk Ethereum World NewsEarlier yesterday, the team at Binance announced that they…
SEC says rules on virtual currency exchanges, ICOs out within 1st halfEditor - January 23, 2019
[ad_1] THE Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is confident it can come out with rules on virtual currency exchanges (VCE)…
The Daily: Huobi Downsizes, New OTC Desk to Launch in USEditor - January 23, 2019
[ad_1] The Daily In Wednesday’s edition of The Daily we cover a number of developments that show how cryptocurrency exchanges…