CRYPTO INSIDER: We got Gilfoyle’s ICO deck from ‘Silicon Valley’
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
SPOILER ALERT: In episode seven of “Silicon Valley’s” fifth season, Gilfoyle convinces Pied Piper CEO Richard Hendricks that the company should get into cryptocurrency.
Gilfoyle gives a presentation to argue that the startup should raise money using an initial coin offering instead of a series B round from a venture-capital firm.
Here are the current crypto prices:
In the news:
- Two Chinese bitcoin mining equipment makers plan to raise up to $1 billion each from Hong Kong listings this year
- A controversial Florida politician just made his county the first in the US to let residents pay taxes with bitcoin
- HSBC is shaking up a centuries-old industry using blockchain
- Block.one created the world’s 5th largest cryptocurrency in just a year — here’s what we know
New to Crypto Insider? Business Insider has a ton of articles to get you caught up to speed, including:
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- How to buy Ripple’s XRP
- From HODL to the moon: All the cryptocurrency slang you need to know to sound like a bitcoin expert
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- Track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider’s Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
You may be interested
Coinbase May Add More Crytoassets To Its Custody ServiceEditor - August 14, 2018
[ad_1] The list of coins available for storage at Coinbase Custody may soon increase. In a blogpost, the San Francisco-based company…
Litecoin (LTC) price prediction: The bulls might soon take over, here is whyEditor - August 14, 2018
[ad_1] Litecoin (LTC) price prediction: The bulls might soon take over, here is why GlobalCoinReportCrypto Update: Ethereum Plunges Below $300 as…
What fast casual leaders should know about the blockchainEditor - August 14, 2018
[ad_1] What fast casual leaders should know about the blockchain Fast CasualFull coverage [ad_2] Source link